Sean’s law firm is often chosen over the ubiquitous law firms when non-conflicted and aggressive representation is essential for success. The articles in this blog are brought to you by Sean Hayes, retired judges, senior attorneys and other attorneys at IPG.
New York Attorney Sean Hayes grew up in Connecticut and New York to an Irish-immigrant father and an Italian mother. He received his legal education in Korea, the United States and in the U.K.
Sean is a Street-smart, proactive & candid New York Attorney rated a top international lawyer by numerous law firm/lawyer rating agencies.
He appeared in the New York Times, Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Today, Arirang TV, Asia Legal Business, France 24, the Korea Times, the Korea Herald and in other news outlets. Sean Hayes works with Fortune 500 companies, growing businesses, tech startups, investors, entrepreneurs and individuals looking to succeed in the New York region or wishing to expand to Asia.
Sean has worked with franchisors, masters, new tech companies, defense companies, distribution companies, alt currency companies, private equity funds, investors, manufactures, distributors, sports franchises, celebrities, entertainment companies, media companies and other businesses. Sean has, also, assisted numerous business clients and individuals with sensitive personal matters that required candor and nuanced representation. Sean works with retired judges, leading former in house attorneys, CPAs and leading business professionals. For a no cost consultation, please schedule a call with Sean Hayes.
Sean Hayes is the first non-Korean employed by the Korean Court System (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a full-time regular member of a Korean law faculty. Sean is known, over his 16+ years practicing law, for his aggressive advocacy and candid NY-style street-smart advice. He shares time between New York and Korea. He leads a practice team of business-focused lawyers.
Sean works with a cadre of experienced and connected retired judges, prosecutors, in-house attorneys, government officers and former international law firm attorneys. Sean has been recognized by numerous legal publications and rating agencies for outstanding service to clients both large and small.
Sean and IPG have successfully brought into Asia and North America numerous brands, oil & gas, manufacturers, real estate companies, franchises, entertainment companies and new-tech companies. Sean and IPG have also been involved in some of the most noteworthy contentious matters via arbitration and litigation in New York, Korea, China, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Cambodia, the Philippines and throughout the United States.
- Registration of a leading bakery franchise in Korea. Numerous franchise registrations conducted for franchisors in North America and Asia.
- International Arbitration between an international construction company and a major conglomerate.
- Localization and enforcement of an eight-figure commercial debt.
- Not guilty verdict for the president of a major foreign defense company.
- Successful resolution of a Customs and Tax Audit for a leading international chemical company.
- Local counsel for a leading international law firm’s Fortune 500 client in a trade dispute leading to a tariff on the products of a conglomerate.
- Successful market entry of a leading e-commerce site.
- FTC corporate compliance advisory services for a major online e-commerce site.
- Consultation services related to licensing, joint ventures and regulatory compliance issues for an American real estate developer’s shopping mall projects.
- Successful resolution of a dispute between a F & B Franchise and a franchisee.
- Enforcement and monitoring of trademarks for numerous clients.
- Successful challenge of a registered trademark for an international fashion brand.
- Complete restructuring of the HR compliance department for an international retailer.
- Numerous successful terminations of employees of companies.
- Constitutional Court of Korea, Research Officer
- Ahnse Law Firm, Foreign Attorney
- Associate Professor, Kookmin University College of Law
- Adj. Professor, Seoul National University, Graduate School of Public Administration
- Columnist & Ombudsman, Korea Times
- Senior Partner, IPG New York
- Quoted by the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Bloomberg and other news sources.
- Seoul National University, Ph.D. Cand.
- University of London, International Law
- QU School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham University/Fairfield University, BA
- Notre Dame High School, West Haven, CT
- Admitted to the New York State Bar
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, NY Bar Association
- Member, NY City Bar Association
English & Korean