This decision seems to attempt to strike a balance between protecting privacy, respecting borders in the digital world, and reasonable efforts to prosecute criminal activity. We here at IPG expect the U.S. Congress to take up revising and amending the Stored Communications Act in light of this decision to enable domestic warrants to reach beyond these digital borders.
*Gene Berardelli may be contacted at: GeneBerardelli@ipglegal.com.
Gene is a New York street-smart attorney with an extreme passion for success. Gene specializes in litigation, arbitration and general corporate law for New York-based and international clients. He, also, is the host of a popular New York talk radio program.
- International Law News: Supreme Court Extends RICO Law To Cover Acts By Domestic Organizations Overseas
- Ways To Obtain A U.S. Green Card And The Benefits Of Permanent Residency In The U.S.
- IPG Legal Attorney Gene Berardelli Appearing on Brooklyn Independent Media’s “BK Live”
- Visas For A Temporary Visit To The United States – U.S. Immigration Law Basics
- Remember To Obtain “Certified” Translation of Documents Accompanying U.S. Immigration Applications
- Common Types Of U.S. Patents Available To Innovative New York Entrepreneurs